Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2015

How Time Flies

I just absolutely adore this new tradition of taking a picture of baby each month of its first year. Only when you see one month after another do you really understand the concept of How Time Flies.

These photos are months five, six, seven and eight of my great-nephew Sam's first year and the inspiration for this layout. What a difference just four months made. I swear he went from baby to little boy in that brief  period of time.

 
The sketch is this month's double page sketch from Stick It Down. Check out all the samples of layouts done with this sketch at Stick It Down. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't find some exciting inspiration for your own layout. Be sure to link up that layout by the end of the month. If your layout is chosen you will become the featured designer for the following month. Now that would be very exciting.


Being a little boy, it seemed like scribbles were perfect for the sketch's suggested circular elements/embellishments. Adding time pieces fit the theme.

 
I enjoyed playing with my Silhouette Cameo for this layout. I found a childlike font and added a clock to create my first title with combined words and picture.  Several offsets made the clock and title 'pop'. It turned out to be easy to do so I know I'll be using this technique more often.
 
 
I hope you drop in at Stick It Down and find you enjoy creating with this sketch as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment