Pages

Thursday 6 August 2015

Homeward Bound

The piles of photos from my Vancouver 2012 vacation are getting shorter by the day. There may be light at the end of the tunnel after all. :)

I decided to jump to what would be the last page in the album. This last page was to mirror the first in the album so it would also feature the outline of the province I was travelling to, its provincial coat of arms, and my airport and aeroplane souvenirs.  I changed the outline and button to Ontario, sent the plane flying west and the departure airport photo to Vancouver. It just all came together for me.

 
I played along with two challenges with this layout.
The sketch was the August 3rd sketch from The Memory Nest. It fit the horizontal stretch of my items to a 'T'. The Memory Nest has several challenges a month. They are released on Mondays. I only recently discovered this site but will definitely be back to play again.
 
 
The other challenge was #253,  "Sky High", the week one August challenge from Lasting Memories. Each week they will have a challenge based on the "Sky High" theme so check back. This week it was to be something that signified "Sky High". I thought my aeroplane flight would be just the ticket (pun intended).

When I put the first and last pages together I was very happy with the 'start' and 'end' of my albums.

Off to Vancouver
Back to Ontario
 
 

9 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS - BOTH of these layouts are AWESOME! I love how they compliment each other - What a great idea and a great way to scrap the memorabilia from your trip!!! Really cool take on the sketch too! Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest Blog!! So happy you found us - and will look forward to more of your submissions!! Keep on Scrappin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! The two pages are perfect bookends and contain so much detail - LOVE them! So pleased you've found The Memory Nest and I too look forward to seeing more of your pages there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea for the first and last page of your albums. Great pages and love all the cool elements you added to the pages. Stunning! Thanks for joining the challenge at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these pages are just awesome! I love the idea of using a first and last page to mirror each other - great idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both fantastic! What a great idea!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, I try to keep my airline tickets, but they always seem to get lost in the time between arriving home and scrapping!! I love both pages, and what a fantastic idea for the sky high theme! Thanks so much for playing along at Lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE what you created with the sketch!! Two fabulous layouts!! So glad you played along with us at tMN!! And thrilled that you will be back again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE how you used this for memorabilia! So well done with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab Layout and a great way to save those precious holiday momentos

    ReplyDelete